For the last few years, I written down 5 things I’m grateful for everyday.
I am compelled to share these 5 things with you from today:
1. I am grateful for who I am.
2. I am grateful for all of the events in my life. The good ones that have been gratifying, exciting and joyful. The bad ones that have been embarrassing, shameful and painful.
3. I am grateful for all of my internal battles, my struggles, and my decisions. The decisions I’ve fretted, brooded, toiled, contradicted over, and ultimately made. For the mistakes I’ve made, the failures, the wrong decisions. I forgive myself. I am grateful for them. They have molded me into the man I am.
4. I am grateful to all of the people that have helped me. My family, loving me with an unshakable love. For my friends that have listened to me, who held me accountable and were not afraid to call bullshit on me. For my continuous mentors that I’ve looked up to and imitated. For the authors I’ve read. All of your guidance has been vital to my life. Thank you, I love all you.
5. I am grateful for the very breath I breathe today. In this big vibrant city of Arequipa, Peru, I breathe. Backpack on my back, pen and journal in my hand, I smile. I embrace and surrender to the uncertainty of an unknown future. To a past I am at peace with. To a perfect present. I am grateful for today, and being alive today.